Join Our Team
Executive Artistic Director
We’re looking for an Executive Artistic Director to lead our organization and internal team to fulfill our mission by implementing educational programs, managing productions and year-round operations, and supporting growth.
Founded in 2011, we are a professional children’s theatre in Northeast Ohio dedicated to developing and producing highly imaginative, original and interactive works from local artists designed to empower, encourage and educate children.
The Executive Artistic Director will manage all aspects of the organization’s business and administrative operations through the Board of Directors, including marketing / communications, finance, and development. The EAD will also oversee the vision and successful implementation of artistic and educational programming and community engagement goals. This is a full time, exempt, salaried position with evening and weekends commitments during the mainstage season. We have a small staff and an ensemble of artists who support the company’s mission. We are looking for a dynamic leader who has both organizational and artistic vision and the skills to strategically execute that vision. Potential candidates should submit cover letter, resume & references to email@example.com.
Drives the artistic/production portions of the mission/vision and leads staff in daily operations. Collaborates with staff and the Board on strategic planning to build on TCT’s mission and vision.
Staff Management & Marketing:
Supervises and manages staff and the development of implementation of marketing campaigns, programs, events and outreach.
Works with staff and the Board to prepare an annual budget; approves expenditures within the authority delegated by the Board; ensures sound business, bookkeeping, and accounting procedures; and provides the Board with comprehensive and regular reports.
Researches possibilities for productions, discusses ideas with the Board and staff, and then selects productions and performances at both our current home and future location.
Oversees selection of all artistic personnel and provides mentoring to ensure excellence and growth. Identifies and recruits playwrights & directors.
Fosters relationships with students and families, Board members, major donors, sponsors, and foundations. Oversees grant applications and reports.
Represent Talespinner locally and nationally to enhance the theatre’s brand awareness. Reaches out to local communities and cultivates strategic partnerships.
- A passion for community-engaged, risk-taking theatre
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse community stakeholders
- 3-5 years of non-profit or arts management experience
- Experience with non-profit financial statements and budget management
- Familiarity with QuickBooks or other financial record-keeping software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Experience promoting and marketing events and mission-driven messaging
- Experience with institutional development, grant writing and donor engagement
- Demonstrated success in fundraising and a fluency in marketing (including digital).
- 3-5 years experience working in a community, grassroots environment
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Grant writing experience is a plus
Salary Range: $50,000 – $60,000
Please submit your Cover Letter, at least 3 References & Resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 1, 2022.