After a long break, we are so excited to be coming back to the PLAYground!
More details will be coming soon.
If you’re interested in submitting a script or working with us in other capacities, please read our submission criteria carefully and fill out the contact form on our website. While we currently don’t have a reschedule date, we promise to keep you posted on future developments.
As always, thank you for your continued support and interest in creating theatre for children!
PLAYground gives Cleveland-area writers of all experience levels a chance to produce their original works for children at Talespinner!
Playwrights sixteen and older are invited to submit scripts that will be considered for a workshop production. PLAYground scripts may be considered for a future, fully staged production at TCT.
- Writers must be based in the Cleveland area. Out of state or out of region submissions will not be accepted for this program. (Please feel free to contact TCT at the email address below if you would like to know if your area is included.)
- Writers must be at least 16 years of age.
- Any work based on existing materials must be in the public domain. Scripts will not be considered if they are based on materials that hold current copyright.
- All materials on which work is based must be noted for reference. (ie: “this work is based on the German folktale, Ashputel.”)
- The script should need no more than 5 actors. (This does not mean only 4 characters! Puppets and masks can be used!)
- Writers should be willing to work collaboratively with TCT and the artists involved in the program.
- Scripts can be no longer than 55 pages.
Interested in Submitting a script?
Submission details: A preliminary script, with a list of characters, and a synopsis. It is understood that re-writes will happen between acceptance and rehearsals, but any major changes must be approved by TCT. Please make sure that your name and contact information–including email–is printed clearly on the front page of the submission. Submissions not clearly labeled will not be considered.
Where to Submit
Electronic copy is preferred. Please send a word or pdf document addressed to email@example.com with “PLAYground Script Submission” in the subject header.
Paper copy – Please send a clearly printed copy to:
Talespinner Children’s Theatre
PO Box 602036
Cleveland, OH 44102